Microsoft word - intense pulse light skin rejuvenation pre and post care
• Anyone with autoimmune disease or connective tissue disorders
• Recently sun tanned skin ( including tanning beds and tanning foams)
• History of Accutane / Isotretinoin treatment over the past 6 months
• Acute herpes Episode at time of treatment.
• Short term discomfort - or a stinging sensation similar to a wind burn
• Redness and mild swelling that may last from 2 -48 hours.
• Blistering and bruising are possible, but rare – less than 3%.
• Hyper or hypopigmentation may occur, but again rare.
• Loss of hair growth ( this can be permanent and uneven ) about the areas of IPL
Pre - IPL Skin Care includes the following:
• Discontinuation of tretinoin or retinoid products 5 days prior to treatment.
• Absolutely NO sun tan of any type, UV or tanning creams. A tan can produce a burn to
the skin and can result in hyper pigmentation as well as hypopigmentation.
• Anticipate a social “down time” of 2-5 days before any redness, swelling and sloughing of
• LET your provider know if you have a history of Herpes so that a prescription for an
antiviral medication can be given the day before your procedure, the day of, and the day after to avoid any cold sore exacerbation from your IPL treatment.
• Men need to shave the day of the treatment to reduce any beard growth that can be
• SPF > 30 MUST be used at all times you are exposed to the sun. This needs to include
Zinc oxide or titanium dioxide as one of the ingredients and must be applied 20 minutes prior to UV exposure and every two hours there after. You should NOT expose your newly treated skin to the sun for any length of time during the treatment process in order to avoid any burning or tanning to the skin.
• Cleanse with a gentle cleanser such as Cetaphil, Aquanil or Arbolene. All are available
over the counter and can be used once or twice per day for 3-5 days.
• Apply cool cloths to the surface of your skin as needed for any burning or irritation
• Do not begin any retinoids, tretinoins, alpha or beta hydroxy products, vitamin C
products or exfoliative products to your skin for 7-10 days post treatment.
• Use a gentle, hypoallergenic moisturizer for the next 5-7 days during the day. This can
include Cetaphil, Aveeno, or LaRoche Posey products, all which are over the counter. Use these gentle moisturizers for 5-7 days or until your skin feels back to normal.
• Do NOT pick, exfoliate or have chemical peels performed on your treated skin for 7 - 10
• Anticipate some dryness and micro sloughing at days 3-5 about the treated area.
• Sun spots and age spots WILL DARKEN with the IPL treatments BEFORE they begin to
respond and resolve. This is expected and a normal part of the IPL process. Do NOT pick these spots once they become dry. They will lift and fall off on their own.
• Avoid jewelry, clothing and any other materials that come into contact with the treated
• Over the counter hydrocortisone cream can be used for any significant irritation or
• Contact our office immediately for any problems that seem out of proportion or are not
mentioned within this post care information.
• Oozing, blistering and pus are NOT normal. Contact our office should you develop one
Lesvoorbereiding De Buren Beginsituatie : De kinderen weten wat “buren” zijn. De meeste kinderen zagen hun ouders vriendelijk met de buren omgaan. Ze beseffen echter niet welke waarde de Islam hecht aan een goede relatie met de buren. Doelstellingen : De leerlingen kunnen verwoorden dat een moslim respect moet hebben voor zijn buren. De leerlingen gaan spontaan hun buren goed behandelen
SARCOMA FOUNDATION OF AMERICA FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Matthew Alsante SARCOMA FOUNDATION OF AMERICA HONORS BEVERLYE HYMAN FEAD WITH COURAGE Maryland (January 2, 2008) — The Sarcoma Foundation of America, anorganization dedicated to increased research funding and advocacy to find new and better therapies for sarcoma patients, has named Beveryle Hyman Fead as a recip