1. Subject Area: Community Reinforcement Approaches Manual Two of Therapy Manuals for Drug Addiction. A Community Reinforcement Plus Vouchers Approach: Treating Cocaine Addiction Author/s Individualized or Group Outcome/s Subjects Info Randomized Controlled Generalizable to Iowa? Intervention? Measures interventions are involved is a treatment Citation Budney,
Albert Edward Fischli, Ph.D.
Business Address: DDPI Discovery & Development Partners International Ltd.
Im Wenkenberg 20 CH - 4125 Riehen, Switzerland Professor emeritus of Bioorganic Chemistry, Université de Neuchâtel, Switzerland formerly F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Basle, Switzerland, Global Pharmaceutical Research
Date of Birth:
Professor Albert E. Fischli, Ph.D., FRSC, is a Swiss citizen. He obtained a Ph.D. in
organic chemistry from the Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule in Zürich
(ETH-Z) in 1967. From 1975 to 2000 he was professor of bioorganic chemistry at the
University of Neuchâtel in Switzerland. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of
He has had more than thirty years of experience in industrial research, especially in
He was elected IUPAC Vice-president (International Union of Pure and Applied
Chemistry) in 1994 and acted as IUPAC president in the years 1996 and 1997.
During his presidency IUPAC was restructured, financially consolidated and
mechanisms were introduced leading to project-based financing. The secretariat
moved to the USA leaving, in doing so, for the first time Western Europe.
Before this, he joined in 1992 the Roche Research Foundation as its executive
director and was instrumental in the creation of the Roche MBA Fellowship
Programme for Medical and Science Graduates. At the same time, in his function as
external relation officer, he was assisting in bringing together pharmaceutical
research with SMEs and vital in linking Roche’s therapeutic area research
departments with academia worldwide.
He started working for F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. in vitamin research, passed then
on to pharmaceutical research and was head of metabolic diseases research
department when the first lipase inhibitor (Xenical®) was moved through the crucial
discovery and development phases I, II and III.
He is author of more than 65 scientific papers, patents, monographs and book
chapters. He served for 12 years as Vice-president of the Swiss Academy of
Sciences and was member of UNESCO’s International Scientific Advisory Board as
well as ordinary member of the Executive Board of ICSU.
In 1999 he founded DDPI Discovery & Development Partners International Ltd. The
firm is operating in the area of scientific and business as well as financial consulting.
It is focussing its efforts on aspects of the innovation process in pharmaceutical
industry, and on the appraisal of biotech companies before and after IPO on a global
He is fluent in English, French and German.
- Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich (ETH-Z), Department IV,
Chemistry, 1960-1964, Degree: dipl. ing. chem. ETH - Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich (ETH-Z), Laboratory of Prof. A. Eschenmoser, Synthesis of Metal-free Corrins, 1964-1967, Degree: Dr. sc. techn. - Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich (ETH-Z), Laboratory of Prof. A. Eschenmoser, Synthesis of Model Corrins, 1967-1968, Postdoc.
F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., CH – 4070, Basle, Switzerland
- Vitamin Research, 1968-1975
- Pharmaceutical Research, Group Leader Analgesia and Gastroenterology, 1975-
- Head of Therapeutic Area Gastroenterology, 1984-1986 - Head of the Drug Discovery Department Gastroenterology and Metabolic - Member of Global Research Management, External Relations, 1992-1999 - Roche Research Foundation, Secretary-General of the Board of Trustees, - Roche MBA Fellowship Programme for Medical and Science Graduates,
Université de Neuchâtel, CH - 2000, Neuchâtel, Switzerland
- Professor of Bioorganic Chemistry, 1975-2000
DDPI Discovery & Development Partners International Ltd., CH – 4125,
- Chairman and CEO, 1999-
Honorary and Professional Organizations
- Swiss Chemical Society (later New Swiss Chemical Society), 1967-
- Royal Society of Chemistry, 1986-
• Vice-president, 1977-1982, 1989-1994 - IUPAC (International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry), 1987- • Secretary of the Committee on Chemistry and Industry (COCI), 1987-1991 • COCI Chairman, 1992-1993 • IUPAC Vice-president, 1994-1995 • IUPAC President, 1996-1997 • IUPAC Past-President, 1998-1999 - UNESCO/IUPAC International Council for Chemistry, 1997-1999 - ICSU: The International Council for Science, 1996-2003 • Executive Board Member, 1996-2003 • Chairman of the Finance and Fund-raising Committee, 1999-2003
Scientific Advisory Boards
- Advisory Board, International Journal for Vitamin and Nutrition Research, 1992-
- Board of Trustees of the Roche Research Foundation, 1992-1999
- UNESCO, International Scientific Advisory Board, 1997-2003
- Werner Award of the Swiss Chemical Society, 1981
- Strategic and global aspects of innovation focussing especially on
• Drug discovery in metabolic diseases (diabetes, obesity, osteoporosis) and • Synthesis and biological mechanisms of vitamins, carotenoids and • Synthetic chemistry, asymmetric synthesis, enzyme catalyzed transformations,
Books, Patents and Scientific Publication:
- author of more than 65 books, book chapters, patents and scientific papers,
- Vitamin and Carotenoid Synthesis - Vitamin - Role of Academia, SMEs and Integrated Pharmaceutical Companies - Roche Research Foundation, Annual Reports - IUPAC White Book on Environmental Oestrogens
Invited Symposium Speaker:
- about 100 invited lectures
- Synthesis of prostaglandins - Asymmetric synthesis, Chirality in drug research - Vitamin - The role of scientists in drug research - Outlook in ulcer therapy - Lipase inhibitors (Xenical®) in the treatment of obesity - Roche Seminars on • AIDS • Cardiovascular Diseases • Endothelin • Genomics • GPIIb-IIIa Receptor Antagonists • Immunology • Inflammatory and Autoimmune Diseases • Neurodegenerative Diseases • Obesity and Diabetes • Oncology • Retinoids • TNF • Virology - IUPAC, Serving Chemistry since 1919 - Pharmaceutical Industry and Innovation - Pharmaceutical Innovation and Molecular Diversity - Chemical Education and Pharmaceutical Industry - University/Industry Research Co-operation - Financing Pharmaceutical Research - Innovation in Pharmaceutical Industry - SMEs and Pharmaceutical Innovation - Risk/Benefit Sharing in Pharmaceutical Innovation Scientific and Business Consulting:
- UNESCO/ICSU World Conference on Science, Budapest, Hungary, June 27 –
July 2, 1999; Panel: Science, Industry and Knowledge as Public Good; co-ordinator and keynote speaker - Forum for Business in Biodiversity, Belo Horizonte, Brazil July 13, 1999; Workshop for representatives from government, universities and local industries; keynote speaker - UNESCO Paris, France, Nov. 10 &11, 1999; Meeting of a core group of science - OECD Paris, France, Nov. 19 & 20, 1999; Forum of the advisors on genetically modified organisms; leader of the advisory group from science - Workshop on Biodiversity and Pharmaceutical Innovation, Bangkok, Thailand, Nov. 25 – 29, 1999; Forum for representatives from government, universities and industry; co-ordinator and plenary speaker - UNESCO Paris, France, March 8 & 9, 2000; Panel with selected science - OECD Paris, France, June 26 – 28, 2000; OECD Forum on Partnership in New Economies; delegate from ICSU: The International Council for Science - Workshop on Pharmaceutical Innovation, Kunming, China, April 6 – 8, 2001; Forum organized by CAST (China Association for Science & Technology) for government officials, university and industry representatives; co-organizer and keynote speaker
- IPO of the “RH&F Global Life Sciences Fund”; launched September 11, 2000;
financial partners: Riedweg & Hrovat AG, Basel, Switzerland
Updated September 23rd, 2010
Agilent E4444A BenchLink Spectrum Analyzer PC Software for Portable Spectrum, EMC, and Sweep/Ingress Analyzers Product Overview Easily transfer screen images and E7400 series EMC analyzers; and Capture your measurement trace data from the Agilent the CaLan 2010/3010 series results and: Technologies 8560 series*, 8590 sweep/ingress analyzers over series, and ESA-