TECH TIP #6 Extinction Coefficients A guide to understanding extinction coefficients, with emphasis on spectrophotometric determination of protein concentration Introduction In many applications involving peptides or proteins it is important either to identify fractions containing protein or to estimate the concentration of a purified sample. Amino acids containing aromatic side ch
(5 - 7 ore pe s pt man )
EXERCI I I PENTRU SUBIECTUL II
a. Choose the most appropriate words underlined:
1. The stew is smelling/ smells quite terrible now. It's the cabbage, I think. 2. Quick, here comes our teacher! What will we say/ are we going to say about the broken 3. We would always go/ we were always going fishing at sunny summer weekends.
4. Don't let me down! I've counted/ I've been counting on you. 5. I suppose Bob should have lost/ might have lost his way. 6. I'm still on a diet, but I didn't refuse the cake as Sandra must have felt/ would have felt 7. I tried doing/ to do the crossword puzzle, but I simply couldn't. 8. They put off to tell/ telling their families about their engagement. 9. Have you considered to take/ taking any driving lessons? 10. They wouldn't have let me enter the pub because I was below/ under age. 11. If you keep drinking like this, you'll put your career in earnest/ in jeopardy. 12. I think it is you at/ with fault in this case, not he. 13. That must be the end of the first part of the show. What happens/ is happening now? 14. Helen's flight is bound to be late although it's due at 6.00/ it arrives at 6.00. 15. 'Do come to dinner,Tom!' - 'OK, I'm going to bring/ I'll bring a bottle of wine. 16. I don't feel like visiting my parents-in-law so I won't go/ I'm not going. 17. She looks very pale. I think she'll faint/ she's going to faint. 18. Let's pay him a visit! He might have finished/ will have finished his work by now. 19. At last you're here! You may have got lost/ might have got lost. 20. I can't possibly/ couldn't possibly have accepted his offer. He was so disappointed! 21. Would you rather/ Would you have preferred I cooked the dinner if you are still busy? 22. Try as I could/ Try as I might, I didn't find any trace of Tom. 23. I shall definitely/ I will definitelly give up smoking this year.
24. He would probably have made/ done an excellent Prime Minister. 25. Isn't it/ Isn't there anything for me to do here? 26. There are/ It is five kilometres from my house to the city centre. 27. After the interval, Pavarotti went on to sing/ singing an aria from Tosca. 28. I tried taking/ to take some aspirin, but the pain wouldn't go.
29. I meant doing/ to do some cooking, but I simply didn't have the time. 30. Sue had/ got her fingers trapped in the bicycle chain. 31. 'Somebody's at the door.' 'Aren't you seeing/ Aren't you going to see who it is?' 32. She told me that Tony must have been/ may have been surprised at such an offer. 33. The crowd was/ were growing thinner as the day got hotter. 34. A majority of people wants/ want a new government.
35. Nobody has called today, has he?/ have they? 36. We'll be in plenty of time providing the traffic is not/ will not be too bad.
37. The two Prime Ministers are to/ shall discuss the current political crisis. 38. They won't most certainly/ most certainly won't approve of the scheme. 39. Tom's mother goes to the hospital/ hospital to visit him every day. 40. Liz will organise the party - or at least she promised so/ she promised she would. 41. 'Do l have to change trains in Leeds?' - 'No, you can go direct/ directly. 42. May/ Could you possibly call me back later? 43. I didn't have to do/ needn't have done any extra shopping, so I didn't. 44. Extraordinary although/ though it may seem, London has less rain than Rome. 45. Yesterday I was talking to no other than/ none other than the Queen's secretary.
Anti-Anti-Inflammatory Medications by Dr. Daniel Shaye, Chiropractic Physician Pain is valuable: It’s the body’s way of warning you something’s wrong. Like pain, inflammation has its value. Inflammation is part of the normal healing process. Inflammation brings white blood cells into an area, clearing that area of damaged tissue. We take a risk when we interfere with nature. I