Paparella: Volume I: Basic Sciences and Related Principles Section 8: General Medical Principles Chapter 37: Endocrinology Robert H. Maisel, David S. Cross Since the work of Claude Bernard, it has been axiomatic that the internal environmentis maintained in a constant state (Cannon's principle of homeostasis). Throughout the internaland external stresses of normal life, disease, or in
(informaçao)In this letter you can find some practical information that you need for your stay in
1. Documents for reimbursement of travel costs and lodging for extra nights
Only the flights that occur on or between the IP dates wil be reimbursed: For reimbursement of the travel costs you need to keep al original proofs of the invoices and the boarding passes of your flights, train tickets, fuel for car of Is strongly recommended to avoid taxi (we may not be able to reimburse those If you have to use a taxi, be sure to receive an invoice referring the start point and Keep also the original proofs of the invoices of hotel or hostel booking. The majority of the meals wil occur onsite. Regarding the other meals, please keep the invoices and avoid meals over 7€ per When you arrive at Setubal Col ege of Education (registration on 22 of June), a member of the logistic staff for the course wil be there to register and to col ect the Al participants wil get a ‘Reimbursement Form’. Please, keep it with you, fulfil it and send it to the Setubal Col ege of Education The refunding wil be according to the amount approved for this IP. For more information about reimbursement, you can contact the IP coordinator Alcina
2. Flights to and from Lisbon National Airport
Arrival to Lisbon on Sunday 21/06: it’s advisable not to arrive after 22h00. Because of the different timetables of the flights, we arranged a mini bus during the The schedule wil be released here as soon as we have al the information regarding For those who cannot get the minis bus, please pay attention to this website to access information about transportation between Lisbon and Setubal. Departure from Setubal on Friday 03/07: it’s also advisable no to departure before Because of the different timetables of the flights, we arranged a mini bus during the The schedule wil be released here and on the individual folder (on arrival) as soon as we have al the information regarding the departure of the participants. For those who cannot get the minis bus, please pay attention to this website to access information about transportation between Lisbon and Setubal.
3. Travelling between Lisbon and Setubal
The travel between Lisbon and Setubal wil take approximately 45 minutes (bridges 25 de Abril or Vasco da Gama over the river Tagus ). • Take a bus (Carris 708, 22, 44) or the aeroshuttle (96 daytime service) from the Lisbon airport to the train station of Roma/Areeiro (1,40€ each ticket) • Take a train (Fertagus) from Roma/Areeiro (Lisboa) to the Setúbal train station (at Praça do Brasil) (4,05€ each ticket) • Take a walk from the train station to the Youth Hostel/Hotel • Take a bus (Carris 22+56, 5+56, 83+walk, 31+walk, 745+56) or the aeroshuttle (96 daytime service) from the Lisbon airport to the bus station of • Take a bus from Praça de Espanha to the Setúbal bus station (fast bus 561, • Take a walk from the bus station to the Youth Hostel/Hotel • From Setúbal to Lisbon you can take the 754 or 755
4. Travelling between Setubal and the IPS Campus
A mini bus wil be available in predetermined periods of the working days to get you
at the departure and arrival to and from Youth Hostel/Mar e Sol/IPS Campus. For those who cannot get the minis bus, please pay attention to this website to access information about transportation between Setubal and IPS campus. • Trains from CP ‘Linha do Sado’, from Praça do Quebedo to Praias do Sado. The tickets cost 1.20€ each, but you can also buy sets of 10 tickets each which costs 10.80€ ("10 Viagens") or a set of 5 days which costs 9.60€ • Take the bus n# 780 or 781 (towards Morgada ou Faralhão, or other that indicate "IPS"). The tickets cost 1.70€ each, but you only can buy sets of 5
5. Accommodation in Setubal, Portugal - Students
Youth Hostel of Setubal - Pousada de Juventude de Setúbal Largo. José Afonso 2900-429 Setubal Portugal http://juventude.gov.pt/Portal/Lazer/en/PSetubal.htm • Reception closes at night; Silence-Period: 00h00 to 08h00. • A doorman wil be available during the night – you’l have to present the card • You have to share a room with three other students, except for double rooms. • There’s a bathroom available at your room floor. • There is only one key for every room. (Beware: you’re not sleeping alone). • The EPICA staff wil not stay onsite. • Please don’t move your bed or mattress. • If you cause any damage in the hostel you wil have to pay for it. • At the departure in Setubal, you have to leave your room at 9.00. • Fold your blankets and sheets and leave them on your bed. • Return the key (leave it with the receptionist) • Be careful with precious objects and money!!!! • The sheets and blankets are changed by the Youth Hostel of Setubal services • It’s not al owed to eat, smoke and drink in the bedrooms. • Breakfast : 08h30 to 10h00; Lunch: 13h00 to 14h00; Dinner: 19h30 to 20h30 . • In special cases you can use the fridge and microwaves (please ask this to the • It’s in the centre of the city, close to the river and to transportation stations
6. Accommodation in Setubal, Portugal - Teachers
Tel: ( +351) 265534868 – 265534603
Fax: ( +351) 265532036
• It’s in the centre of the city, close to the river and to transportation stations
7. What to bring with you?
To the Youth Hostel of Setubal the students have to bring towels; bath towel are only available in double rooms; sheets and blankets are available onsite.
• A coat • Swimming suit and beach towel; casual and Sport clothes (al owing easy mobility), except for the welcome dinner • Card or number of your health insurance and insurance as student/teacher • We highly recommend that you bring the European health card • Don’t forget your student Card • Sleeping bag and flashlight (just for night at the Herdade do Zambujal ) • Shoes with rubber soles (just for the field visit) • Personal pharmacy (medication that you usual y need) • Bring your personal documents with you, but instead of using them in your wal et, • Bring with you something that can express your national/cultural identity: flag, food, photographs, poster, postcards, music, traditional objects or others (for the
8. Available services at the Campus
• Pharmacy, Diet – Shops, post office or others - there is no shop in the neighbourhood, so you’l have to go to Setubal city or to the next vil age which • It’s possible to withdraw money at the Campus. • If you have special needs or wishes, please inform us. • The whole site has a wireless connection. • You’l have lunch and dinner onsite on the majority of the IP working days • The bar is closed at night. You’l only have vending machines available.
9. Rules for the Campus
• We insist that mobiles are switched off during the sessions. • Be punctual y at time for the meals and coffee breaks. • The final timetables wil be given to you upon arrival. • At arrival you’l receive mobile phone numbers if you have a problem and need • You’l have to sign an attendance sheet at arrival and for each activity and to
10. Important for vegetarians or special diets!
If you need a vegetarian meal or if you have special requests for a diet, you have to If you have additional requirements, please inform me: firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Extra information
For those who want to buy some souvenirs, al shopping stores are available until 19.00 pm – except for shopping centres that can be open until evening. Be careful with the Portuguese coffee: it’s stronger because of higher level of We are looking forward to meet you in Setubal.
Il salone internazionale della bicicletta EUROBIKEpresenta Cipro come nuovo Paese partner - Unsettore va in bici: a disposizione 500 biciclette a La corsa al salone EUROBIKE continua: gli espositori iscritti hanno superato il migliaio Friedrichshafen - L’isola di Cipro è un'interessante destinazione per gli appassionati della bicicletta. L’isola situata nel Mar Mediterraneo o