I. Introduction A. History 1. Timeline decree of March 5th, 445 B.C. granting theJews permission to rebuild Jerusalem. 461 The Age of PERICLES, to 428 B.C. 486 DARIUS I died and XERXES I(AHASUERUS) ruled Persia. He was the458 The Holy Scriptures assumed a settledform. “Psalms”, a collection of spiritualsongs and poems used in worship anddevotion, written by different authors f
Cshpsurgerycenter.netCall with any questions (719) 636-3555
MIRALAX Bowel Preparation Instructions
You MUST speak with your primary care physician or a specialist before your
scheduled colonoscopy if you are taking any anticoagulants/antiplatelet such as; Coumadin (Warfarin), Plavix (Clopidogrel Bisulfate), Ticlid (Ticlopidine Hydrochloride), Dabigatron (Pradaxa), Effient (Prasugrel) or any other blood thinner not mentioned here including Aspirin. Tell your Doctor you will have to stop taking these medications for 5 to 7 days. 1. ONE bottle of Miralax, 238 grams (available at grocery or drug stores over 2. TWO Bisacodyl 5mg laxative tablets (any brand, such as 3. ONE 10oz bottle of Magnesium Citrate, any clear flavor. NO RED OR PURPLE
4. ONE 64oz bottles of G2, Gatorade, Pedialyte or PowerAde. Diabetic patients use Propel. NO RED OR PURPLE.
5. Baby Wipes, Depends, Desitin or A&D ointment (optional). FIVE DAYS BEFORE THE PROCEDURE: Stop all blood thinners. It is
important to continue to take all other prescribed medications throughout
this prep including the day of the procedure in the early AM.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY.
THREE DAYS BEFORE YOUR COLONSOCOPY EXAM: NO FRUITS, VEGETABLES,
TWO DAYS BEFORE YOUR COLONOSCOPY EXAM: FULL LIQUID DIET.
Full liquids suggestions include: yogurt, vanilla ice cream, vanilla shakes, cream soups, puddings or anything that has no food particles that you would chew.
ONE DAY BEFORE YOUR COLONOSCOPY EXAM: CLEAR LIQUID DIET.
Clear liquids suggestions include: jell-o, clear broth, clear soda, juices without pulp such as white grape or apple, tea/coffee without creamer of any kind, popsicles, and hard candy. NO RED OR PURPLE. Drink as much clear liquid as you would like.
The more clear liquid you can drink, the better the results of your prep. CSHP Ambulatory Surgery Center – MIRALAX PREP pg. 2 of 2
BEGIN YOUR PREP FOR THE COLONOSCOPY AT NOON THE DAY BEFORE
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PROCEDURES SCHEDULED BEFORE NOON
• Take two Bisacodyl tablets orally at noon. • Mix the entire bottle of Miralax powder with 64oz of Gatorade, Pedialyte or PowerAde in a pitcher. NO RED OR PURPLE. Diabetic patients, use Propel.
• At 4pm, drink two glasses of clear liquid of your choice, the entire bottle of Magnesium Citrate followed by two glasses of clear liquid of your choice. • At 6pm, drink one 8oz glass of the Gatorade/Miralax solution every 15 to 20 minutes until you have finished the entire 64oz. This should take 2 to 3 • It is important to take all your AM prescribed medication with a sip of water. After you have finished the entire prep, you may have clear liquids up to 4
hours before your procedure.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PROCEDURES SCHEDULED AFTER TWELVE NOON.
• Take two Bisacodyl tablets orally at noon • Mix the entire bottle of Miralax powder with 64oz of Gatorade, Pedialyte or PowerAde in a pitcher. NO RED OR PURPLE. Diabetic patients, use Propel.
• At 6pm, drink two glasses of clear liquid of your choice, the entire bottle of Magnesium Citrate followed by two glasses clear liquid. • At 5am the day of the exam, drink one 8oz glass of the Gatorade/Miralax solution every 15 minutes until you have finished the entire 64oz. DO NOT DRINK ANY MORE FLUID UNTILL AFTER THE EXAM.
Make sure you have arranged for someone to drive you home. YOU MAY NOT
DRIVE. YOU MAY NOT TAKE A CAB HOME. Your driver does not have to stay but
we must have a phone number to reach him/her.
• Insulin dependent—NO INSULIN the morning of, prior to the procedure. If you have question about insulin doses or if not well controlled call your diabetes physician for his/her recommendation for insulin amounts. • Oral medication—DO NOT TAKE THE MORNING OF THE PROCEDURE.
Preliminary Bibliography of Catskill Region Biodiversity & Water Quality Monitoring This preliminary listing is a part of a joint effort by staff in the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Region 3 Office and the Catskill Institute for the Environment to monitor the status of research and knowledge with respect to Catskill Region biodiversity and water quality. The list was